Friday, January 06, 2006

Disagreements


"I agree to disagree". Who came up with that? Disagreeing is fine,
it is everyone's right and duty sometimes, especially here in America.
It is amusing how we get impregnated with many bad and good habits because the enviroment that surrounds us. I think that it is essential to set your own standards, beliefs and ideas without giving into peer pressure or offsetting the status quo.

Understand also that as humans, we are social creatures and there is a balance between our interests and the interests of others, is that what "I agree to disagree" means? I don't think so.
To me, it means that you have given up and just found a cliche that solves all issues. Imagine for a moment, that governments were ran that way. Now tell me how that fits into the context of individualism or collaboration, it's neither.

I will conclude this thought with an off-topic observation.

I need to take writing courses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Harcos said...

Hi Mr. Q!

THNX for stopping by, today. Come back, if you like! Of course - having seen your comment - I got curious and had to visit "your place". I DO appreciate your own post from today (though I also like the cars in the earlier posts... :-) ).

Anyway. You write about the need for self-responsibility in a modern world. Essential! Thank you.

Ben

2:38 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

Thanks, Ben. I will be visiting your blog regularly, I find substance on your words.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home