Friday, January 06, 2006

Are we cats?


Reason I ask is because only cats are said to have nine lives.
But we are not cats; we only have one chance to live. Think about that for a minute, or a day if necessary.
Whatever we do on this life will be the only chance we have of doing it.
Does it matter if is “perceived” as good or bad?
Allow me to elaborate, this is not representative of my life or anyone else but it may land somewhere in between.

  • I was born in poverty, so I’ll work hard and change the way of life of my child/younghood years; after all, I am a bad person because I will take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. Great.

  • I was born in wealth, so I want to experience a bit of hardship and see how it “feels” to be poor, besides, I am a good person for wanting to do this.
Then, life happens, and on your deathbed or jail cell you await the moment of absolute and indisputable truth. We are all going to die. Some sooner than others.

Now let me talk about life.

A few years back, I thought. Is it possible live my life the way I want and to always love myself first and then others? Yes, I answered to myself, I am selfish. So then I decided to be that, SELFLOVING. How can we love others before us? We must love ourselves first in order to know what love is. There is a little problem though, I love myself too much. Is not my problem; It is the problem of those that do not know how to love themselves and are worried about other people's lives and not their own. I’ll do my part now to teach my descendants about loving themselves first and then others and it is ok to lie and say the opposite with means to an end.

Back to the grind now.

So; do we need to live the life of sacrifice and finite pursue of what we do not possess?
Rich to Poor
Fat to Thin
Old to Young
Ignorant to Genius
Good to Bad
Reverse the cycle
Then what? Life just went by and we were too worried about the perceptions of our world and not for a moment we stopped to think and erased the list and stop the cycle.

I’ll close by saying that some of us have figured it out. I figured it out at 25.
The real estate guru figured out at 47.
The self-made millionaire still has not figured out.
When will you? Will it be the day of truth? It may be too late then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Q said...

doc-t
Thanks for stopping by and
yes nine it is. It happens you take something you think you knowfor granted and the results. Me.

graffitti
Thanks for visiting and now back to life and to blog sometime in life.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

Hey,
Thanks, I needed to read that. It echos themes that have been presented to me over the course of the last three months many times. I am finally getting it....You cannot help others if you do not first care for yourself.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home