Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Intellectuality, Academia and Scholars


All the layers that one chooses to wear, to protect our fragile egos and true nature.
There are other layers that we think are part of us, reality is that we think they are part of us.
We sometimes come out in true form under the influence of chemicals, sometimes under the influence of others but it is always short lived and discarded because it was under the influence.
Let me now add a not-so-new kind of influence.

The Internet

The one that allows us to hide under a thicker layer, in addition to all of the ones we already wear.
I will start with an observation of self, of course bias is inevitable, but nevertheless I will try.

I am uneducated.
I am selfish (self loving)
I think I am pretty smart
I use the I a lot (I try not to)
I spend a lot of time on the Internet
I do not how to speak English too well, therefore can not "write" (it is my second language)
I will let you add on your perceptions to this post with your comments.

Now I will go on my observations of what I see on an almost daily basis on Internet country.

False personalities.
Failed attempts to fit in.
Fears of revealing our true nature.
Shifting ideals and false beliefs being dictated by peer pressures that actually do not exist.
Clicks, Alliances and Guerrillas that mob onto individuals that dare to present them wearing very few layers or none at all.

Allow me stop for now and say this:

There is something to be learned and studied about human behavior here. I have learned so many things since starting to blog; they are all good things because they are a new form of human expression, the most anonymous and manipulative of them all.

As for layers, I am not wearing one when I come here. Intellectuality, Academia and Scholars
will certainly know that, when they see all the mistakes I make when trying to convey my thoughts to the written word. I choose not to wear layers here, and here only, because in the reality of the Internet nation it is ok to be out in the rain and get wet. I have been caught in many storms out here in the physical world, the layers always fall as I run looking for shelter and even though getting wet is sometimes extremely unpleasant, I can deal with it.

I just wrote what went through my mind while I was reading blogs.

14 Comments:

Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

k9 is no hater just an instigator
just having fun, son
under those layers of fake you spoke of. hey bruth
im real in the real
but for the blog I log as a dog
why lie, say you so true and pure
dont want to f*ck up my career for sure
is it not a valid hobby for me
to develop the skill of character study?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

I feel you dawg, I mean dogg. Your flow impressed me, so I felt compelled to write and try. As for the hatorade schpill, it wasn't for you bill. Beli dat I see your point, not the smoking joint. Piz to you dogg keep on blazin da blog.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ben Harcos said...

K9 and Q, I like you. Can't compete with your beat, but it's good to feel some heat.

And THNX, Q, for accepting the tag.

5:03 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

BTW orlando was my old running ground.
southtown
OBT and michigan

5:07 PM  
Blogger Ben Harcos said...

... and I for one think that your thoughts are well-worth reading. Forget that "uneducated" thing! You've got it goin'.

5:08 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

is that you, ben?
do you have any of that applewood smoked bacon with ya?

/grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ben Harcos said...

:-))

'course it's me.

Nah, wolfed it all down.
How about some fresh liver?

5:13 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

Liver? thats food for desperados, ben.

are the hathors paying you in bribes of organs for your plugs? Good God Ben!!!

/howl

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

OBT and Michigan. AHA!. Definite Dogg Pounds nowadays but not for the Ostentatious Pound Doggs.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

Uneducated as in Less Influenced, or as a radical. Thanks for your kind words and visiting.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

Hathors? Bribes? Plugs? Funny stuff.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ben Harcos said...

Got me, K9. Porterhouse for you, then. Prime, medium rare, antibiotics free, seasoning of your choice, jalapeƱo mandatory.

5:29 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

uh oh ben. you'll be to blame for the hot browns i might leave in some unsuspecting yards later tonight.

your secret is safe with me. just keep throwing meat over the fence buddy.

/grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5:52 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

You two crack me up. Q: see above comment puh-lease!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home