Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Food Glorious Food...


Armadillo, South of the Border style.

- Trap armadillo with a net between 12 AM and 2AM.

- Get 3 gal of water boiling in big pot.

- Take creature's life away with a single swing of the machete to his head. (Females not eaten)

- While water boils, place uncooked food neck down to drain as much fluid as possible.

- Dip raw food in pot of boiling water. Let it rest for 15 min.

- Take it out of pot and start peeling shell from the abdomen area.

- At this point meat will be only cook on the surface.

- On separate pot start to melt butter with mashed fresh garlic cloves, onions and culantro (Not cilantro) Cut the meat into small cubes and sautee with butter, garlic and cilantro until cooked.( Low heat-No browning)Slowly pour sour-orange juice, potato cubes, tomato paste, salt and pepper as you stir. cover and let simmer for about 15 more minutes.

Enjoy with fried plantains, white rice and highball. Whew! is harder for me to write than to cook. I aim to please.

The texture/flavor results to be like a chicken breast stew, similar to the one Mexicans use on their tacos ( No joke here).

Don't ask me for more recipes where I have to go catch my own food, please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Infinitesimal said...

Hey, no problemo,
I do not take offense at your comments, it just fraked me out that my computer screen was staring at me with my own eyes.

Your spelling and grammar were/are fine.

I answered your comment, I guess you did not see.
Here it is again:

Mr Q:
Yes
Yes
Physical involvement with myself...haha
Yes
Not if I can help it
Introvert? Depends on the situation. I personally am into, but my face is always extro. I am only intro when alone, weird, huh?
No, not yet
See above

YOU SAID:
Your eyes draw attention but...
Is the look what speaks.
I see:
Passion for living.
A Smart-Ass.
A physical involment.
A bit of freakiness.
A reader.
An introvert.
A woman that has not met her match.
A bit of lesbiiiiiaaatch?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

Pete, I have tried time and time again to acquire the taste for it but seem to not get it. Shame on me. I think its the texture what I can't seem to like. I have not tried to cook my own though. I will take this and give it a spin. Not an O'Reily spin. Will post on results.

12:01 PM  
Blogger AdamSoup said...

It happens that armadillos are abundant in and around my present location... I'll let you know how the recipe works out.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Mr Q,

What is 'culantro' and 'cilantro' and 'plantains' and 'highball'

Forgive the ignorance of an Aussie.

Pete,

Guiness is easier to like than Tofu :-)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home